Christmas

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

Did you Turkey Trot today??  I was supposed to but the time change is kinda kickin' my rear and we I over slept.  The race was about 45 minutes away from my parents, and when I looked at the clock and it was already registration time, I knew it wasnt gonna happen.  So Shawn and I headed to the park and got our trot on..woot woot!

So this is the day that we are thankful for well, everything.  I really dont think you need me to tell you again what I am thankful for, so Im going to follow Jamie's lead and put out my superficials.  Like she said....the things Im thankful for, materialistic or not....these are the things I love.

1.  My iPod.  Trucking along on my runs is so much easier when I have the perfect (i.e. Miranda Lambert Fastest Girl in Town) blaring in my ears.  Run faster, finish sooner...that is all.

2.  Garmin....necessary...no, wait YES!  Yes yes yes....while I can possibly run without it, it helps keep me focused on my stride and pushing for my times.  Push hard, run fast, finish sooner (see the trend).

3.  Coffee...this was not on my list last year because I didnt drink coffee till just recently.  In that short amount of time, I have taken back all the bad stuff I have ever said about coffee because frankly, I love it. 

4.  My bow.  I recently moved into the world of bowhunting and while I havent killed anything yet I really REALLY love shooting.  Its given me an arm workout unlike anything else which is great because we all know how I feel about pushups.

5.  My gun(s).  Lets face it...I like to shoot shit.  My .380 is my favorite, but I throughly enjoy the rifles also. 

6.  Angel Food cake.  Plain and simple...dont screw fancy it up...white cake, white frosting....happy Tara.

7.  Charlie Brown and his holiday adventures.....HOURS if entertainment for Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the 17 hour car trip to see my 'rents.

8.  Cold Beer.  Not feeling the wine these days but Im loving a nice, cold beer at the end of the day. 

9.  The perfect t-shirt.  Really....is there anything better then a cotton t-shirt that is cute, and fits perfect!  You know what Im talking about....fitted but not super tight so the beer I had last night isnt showing through.  Yep...thats the one. 

10. With that goes perfect fit jeans.  Again..is there anything better.

11.  My critters.  My horses are my sanity, my dogs are my best running buddies (and babysitters for the 2 legged critters when they are outside.)

12.  My snowmobile.  Red Betty rocks...she is small but mighty. 

13. My friends....so thats more of a real thankful then a superficial but I love that they get my superficials, embrace them and take them/me for what it is.  They get me :)

14.  My absolute favorite is when I can put #13 together with any of the others listed above....those are the moments Im so thankful for....everyone needs crazy friends and family who feed your ridiculous hobbies and addictions and jump on the crazy train with you.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family!!!  Let the shenanigans begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment