Christmas

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hell Froze

So, ya.....I recently did something I haven't done in years.  No exaggeration.....Y.E.A.R.S.  I'm not positive on how many but since Stinkerbell will be 9 in June, I'm going to take an educated guess and say 10 years.  At least.

I started considering looking talking myself into thinking about actually wearing a bathing suit this summer.  In public.
Fitting...an actual town in Michigan.
Since the last time I considered wearing a bathing suit I made a statement along the lines of when they play the Stanley Cup Finals in Hell, THEN I will wear a bathing suit in public. 

They are officially Klim Snowmobile gear in Hell.  

The next day Karma smacked me in the face as I got the new Athleta catalog in the mail that happens to have super cute bikinis (GASP!!!!!) and I really started thinking about maybe possibly purchasing one to leave in my dresser to wear to Lake Mac this summer.  We have this BEAUTIFUL lake 40 miles away and I have never been there.  Why?  Because I am was to chicken shit to put on a bathing suit in public. 

Thanks to running, that has all changed.  I feel better.  I am stronger, physically and mentally.  I have lost ALOT as in 75lbs of weight and am physically in the best shape I have ever been in.  Even high school.  Take that Class on 1997 and 3 kiddos!  Yes, that means I could put on a bathing suit AND finally have the confidence to wear it in public.  At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Obviously, this is still in the planning stages as the catalog is sitting next to my bed, waiting for me to place an order.  Soon....I think....soon. 

If nothing else, I can get rid of those nasty tan lines on my legs from when I cut the grass....baby steps.  Baby steps.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! 75 pounds? That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can do it, you can totally do it! You will ROCK it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a rockstar! Go out and wear that swimsuit with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can totally do it! Find a suit you love and go rock it proudly!!

    ReplyDelete