Christmas

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New distance, better times, lower weight

Things have been going well for me in the running world!  I have increased my distance to 4.5 (i:n 44:22) and my 1 mile times have been getting better also (all were sub 10 during my last 4 mile, yeah!).  So now Im to the point where running anything less then 3.5 feels like Im not accomplishing my running goals and really, 4miles is about my standard. 

I had been running with great friends however the last 2 days I have run alone.  Yesterday, it was raining, and cool but really nice.  I enjoyed it so much I choose to start my morning running today.  At 615am I was out the door.

So peaceful.  Relaxing.  Calming.  I ever turned off my iPod so I could listen to, well, nothing.

Then Husker dragged me back into reality by find the deer and chasing them across my path.  Nothing like 15 deer crashing out of the trees and running across the road 20 feet ahead of you.  Thank you wonder-mutt.

Anyway, thats my new running time...first thing in the morning.  I have had more energy today and accomplished more then I usually do.  Plus, I didnt have to sacrifice my running to the other things I on my agenda today.

My final announcement.....I have 10 lbs to go!  10 more pounds and I will be down to where I was when I got pregnant.  Im already in pre-preggo jeans, down several sizes from what I was...I may not be at the scale number I want, but I am in better shape then I have ever been in my life. 

Thank you running!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are having some great things happening! Congrats on the running and the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete