Christmas

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tempo Run

Today I had a 4 mile run on the schedule with 3 miles at tempo pace (which is 9:15-9:30).  I didnt get up on time (the snooze button called my name 3 times) and I didnt think I ate enough before I left but I really wanted to hit my times and have a strong run.  Last Sunday's run was disasterous so I needed a good, strong run today.  Thankfully, I got it done!!
Mile 1: 9:17
Mile 2: 8:59
Mile 3: 8:53
Mile 4: 10:26

Ok, let me explain Mile 4 a bit.....I had to stop and tie my shoe plus yell at my dog (that is such a common theme sometimes).  My average pace was 9:24 so I was super thrilled at that I still managed to hit my tempo pace for the average. 

I ordered a compression sleeve for my ankle, Im hoping that it will help support some of the aching.  I have put my calf sleeves back on and I can tell a difference already.  I dont have any pain in my ankle (yet) and I think its just aching from pushing it more during the long runs so Im hoping I can ward off any disasters by being a little cautious. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to listen to your body. Congrats on your splits!

    ReplyDelete