Christmas

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

W6D1

WOW, W6D1 kinda kicked my rear today!! Maybe it was because I went back to interval training after 22 minutes of constant running but I had a hard time finding and keeping my pace. The starting and stopping, or I should say the walking then jogging, seems to be messing wtih my head. I think to much, prepare (worry) to much, for whats coming. Hopefully this means that when I get out of intervals for good (in another 2 sessions) I will have a fairly "easy" adjustment to continuous running.

I did 2.52 miles in 32.13 minutes. The intervals were 5 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of walking, 8 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of jogging and then the 5 minutes of walking to warm up and cool down.

Have to enjoy the outside today because tomorrow the blizzard is supposed to appear, with a high of 15 and 40-50 mph winds, and Friday the high is a whopping 7 degrees. Times like this I am happy to have a treadmill.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks so much for the lovely comment at my blog. :) Love meeting new bloggy runners!

    What's W6D1? I don't think I've heard of it. And, yes, glad you have a 'mill to use! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerrie!
    Im doing the Couch to 5K running program. Its 9 weeks long and broken down into 3 sessions per week. So W6D1 is Week 6, Day 1. Ive been doing it since October and love it. Its a great beginner program that gets you going with intervals and moves slowly to distance. The first long run isnt until week 5 and its 20 minutes of running. Week 7 is when the intervals are gone and its all continuous running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I get it! Haha! What a dork. I did Couch to 5K to ease back into running after my injury. It's a great plan! My hubby is doing it now to get into shape. He'll be on W1D3 today. :)

    ReplyDelete