Christmas

Monday, February 28, 2011

2 days, 4 miles, 1 skunk

I didnt blog about my run yesterday because I blogged yesterday morning about the day before. Besides, a 2 mile run isnt earth shattering news for me anymore (and that alone is earth shattering!!!).

I did run down to my in-laws house for supper last night...and I made it 2.04 of the 2.36 miles when I noticed a black, furry critter chilling in the middle of the road right at the end of their driveway. I just stopped because it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what he was OR that getting to close (or close at all) was a bad idea.

I could probably mention here that this little critter has been terrorizing my inlaws home for a few weeks now...so I wasnt terribly suprised to see him there. I was really happy to see him BEFORE I actually got to the driveway.

He wandered off, I went to their house....my father in law went searching for him but he was already gone, into the pasture across the street, safely protected by the neighbors cattle.

For now.

Today, I got another 2 miles in without the critter issue. I did smell the faint aroma of a skunk, and we did almost hit one coming home last night, but I did not see one in living color.

Considering my critter issues of momma cows, crazed deer and now skunks....Im thankful for any run that does not warrant a blog that includes critters.

Stats:
Yesterday 2.04 miles in 20:29
Today 2.0 miles in 19:53.

No comments:

Post a Comment