Christmas

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Push ups

In case your not a friend of mine on facebook or Daily Mile, or in person, I want to send out a newsflash to you.

I hate push ups. 

Passionately.  Not just a little...with all my heart and soul, I hate push ups.

In high school, when most girls would fake their periods to get out of anything swimming, I attempted to fake mine to get out of push ups.   To bad for me Ms. Doty was smarter then my sophomore brain and informed me cramps had nothing to do with my arms.

You can imagine how excited I was when the challenge was issued on Daily Mile from Katie, one of the women who grew up in our small town but lives in a different small town now and will also be running the 1/2 in Lincoln, to join her and her friend Rachel, in 50 sit ups and 20 push ups daily.  In addition to the other punishment training we are already doing. 

OK, I figured I needed to take some of my own words of encouragement and "Suck it up Buttercup" and joined the challenge.

Then came in overachiever Jamie, who didn't have the greatest run last night so she punished herself with 50 sit ups and 30 push ups. 

THEN came Steff, and even though she didn't have a bad run she also felt compelled to do 50 sit ups and 30 freakin' push ups.

I'm sure Heather isn't far behind Jamie because they are sisters super competitive, then Katie (our Katie) will bring her 6 pack and sculpted Insanity arms to the party and they will all be doing 30 push ups.

Actually, they probably wont...they will keep adding so each on does a few more then the others. Which means I have to SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP and start doing extra push ups. AHHHH!!!

And yes, I have to go to the push up party because I made the unfortunate mistake of complaining informing my pain in the arse super supportive husband about the situation to which he replied "you have to do more then them, you cant let them one up you!!"  No pardon of the pun either.

At this rate, we will be doing 6,000,000 push ups a day just to one up the next person.

This is what happens when your friends are over-achievers.  And I may not  thank you when its all said and done but right now, the few choice words I have for you all do not include "Thank You."

But I do love you all and your drive to better me yourselves....as soon as my arms and abs stop screaming, I may remember that.



1 comment: