Christmas

Friday, January 6, 2012

Moments in Time

My favorite Christmas gift this year is a picture frame with 2 4x6 photos in it.  Both of my dad and I.  One is from when I was 3 or 4 year olds, and he is holding my hand while teaching me to ice skate on the lake at my grandparents house.  The other, is from this past November, and its him and I sitting together with deer he shot this year at our house.  It was his first buck.  Ever.  After 48 years of hunting in Michigan, he came out to my house and within 45 minutes, he had checked that one off his bucket list. 

Being a part of the moments in time with your kids is one thing.  Being a part of those moments in time with your parents is different.  As parents, we spend so much time our entire lives around making our kids dreams come true.  About helping them achieve all they want and sometimes, more, but we dont often get to sit back and watch our parents achieve the same type of goals.  Getting to reverse the roles and help make my dads dream come true was very exciting and special.

This year, I was lucky blessed enough to sit in that situation with my dad.

Thanks for letting me be a part of that moment with you daddy.  I will never forget it.

2 comments: